Pet Loss Support Services Seminar's
CCPC provides an hour long seminar for the veterinary team on grief and support during times of pet loss. CCPC has a certificate in pet loss counseling from the Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement. There is helpful information for veterinarians, receptionists, technicians, and assistants.
To schedule a seminar for your practice, please contact Zoey Budreski by phone 443-567-3192 or email Zbudreski@gmail.com . The seminar is provided in your hospital and is free of charge.
Topics Covered Include:
- Stages of grief and how to help. For many pet owners, grieving starts when they receive a terminal diagnosis. These clients may be expressing anger, sadness, and confusion due to the impending death of their pet - you can help them and your hospital by understanding grief.
- How to help owners who are struggling with end of life decisions
- How to provide a comforting atmosphere in the hospital - at all times, not just during euthanasia
- What to say and what not to say to grieving clients
- Coping with guilt
- Children & pet loss
- Beyond sympathy cards: how to help clients after their loss